For those who read the first 5 and have been asking me to balance the trend, here you gooooooooooooo.
5. Kas ft Tuface & Dbanj-fimile2 : “this is not a thing to discuss in this type of place”. The intro Tuface gave to the song is just a perfect explanation to my thoughts on this song. However to calm all controversies, I think Dbanj had a better performance to 2baba.
4. Jahbless ft Ice prince, Rugged man, Eldee, Reminisce, Durella- Jor o Rmx : Hilarious is simply the perfect word to describe this track. I am so in love with it especially the surprise utterances from artistes you could never have imagined could say such. How do you explain Ice prince’s “I get bling bling all over my condom” or Eldee’s “Rihanna lo ja bend down”. Even Rugged and Reminisce deserve big ups.
3. Tuface- Only me: whether he was dissing my homeboi Mikel in this track or not, I can’t help but to enjoy the lyrics from Africa’s finest. Even with the baby mama dramas, 2baba by all odds is the biggest artiste of 2010 abi who fit sell album for 1k in Naija and still smile to the bank. “if to say na just me, I would be doing anyhow . . .”
2. Dbanj-Endowed: I checked my dictionary and to my amazement, I discovered the word ENDOWED was there and that got me surprised. How come no one noticed the word until da koko master used it in his monster hit? Now, a lot of profile names on Facebook and Twitter goes with the endowed moniker. If it is not Seyi endowed, its Pretty chick endowed or Zainab endowed tohbad bla bla bla. Even the guys are not left out. Atleast I have a fiend who now claims to be intellectually endowed. Anyway, the popularity of the word only goes to show how widely accepted the track is. It was even my ring tone before Choc City decided to let loose their weapon of MIC destruction.
1. Ice Prince ft Brymo- Oleku: When he won the Hennesy artistry, We all just took it as any other musician who will end up like others before him(project fame,idols etc in mind). Even when we heard him on tracks by rugged man, KSB, Jesse Jags etc, he still didn’t get much of our attention but a lot of us lost our breadth when we heard the massive hit Oleku featuring sonorous singer Brymo who by the way is my hood boi. Ice prince Zamani totally killed this one with great lines and hooks which in my opinion is outta this world. Words no matter how structured can never be used to explain this lyrical explosion but obviously, this cool dude is about to explode.